Do you have a favorite song that inspires you and gets you through a rough patch? Please feel free to share! I will share some of mine with you:
- Casting Crowns – Oh My Soul – “There’s a place where fear has to face the God you know.” WOW, is that powerful stuff right there! Think about that for a minute. Jesus is BIGGER and more POWERFUL than ANY fear you face! NOTHING is too complicated or scary for him to handle!
- MercyMe – Even If – “I know you’re able and I know you can, save through the fire with your might hand, BUT EVEN IF YOU DON’T, MY HOPE IS YOU ALONE.” This song has come along during a time of wake-up tribulation in my family. God’s plan might be different from mine, and I accept whatever He gives us. It will ALL work out for good!
- Jars of Clay – Worlds Apart – “Did you really have to die for me? All I am for all you are, because what I need and what I believe are worlds apart.” This song got me through some dark days in my late 20’s. Praise God, this song still means so much to me!
- It Is Well With My Soul – “When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.”
- Reckless Love – Cory Asbury – “Oh the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God. Oh it chases me down, fights ’til I’m found, leaves the ninety-nine.” Who or what are the ninety-nine? This is referring to Jesus as the great shepherd over 100 sheep. (100 used for example purposes. We are all his sheep.) Even if one strays from the ninety-nine, he leaves them behind to come find you when you are lost. Think about all the many times Jesus has come running after you! He loves you and will never stop pursuing your heart.